Chocolate Hemp Cake
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
6 Medjool dates
1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 cup hemp seeds
- Prepare a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor or mill, combine and process almonds and walnuts into a flour consistency.
- In a separate bowl, cream the Medjool dates and coconut oil together
- Combine the flower and creamed ingredients with the cocoa powder and hemp seed. Mix well.
- Press mix firmly into prepared pan, ½ inch thick
- Chill for 25 minutes before cutting into desired shape. Stack and top with Hemp Seed and Fudge frosting. Enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers.
Hemp Seed Fudge Frosting
(Yields about ¼ cup frosting)
¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
¼ cup coconut oil, room temperature
1 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. hemp seed
- Place coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey and hemp seeds in a bowl.
- Hand mix (preferred) or cream together using stand mixer low speed for 10 minutes, until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread while at room temperature on Chocolate Hemp Cake or eat with a spoon.
Courtesy of Seattle Hempfest